[Asterisk-Users] Sip.conf problems

David asterisk at barnatech.com
Fri Jul 1 03:22:42 MST 2005

Hi,

I have been trying to configure my Asterisk to use a Sip provider for
out and incoming calls.
I only have one user and password for connect to my sip provider.

My sip.conf is:

[general]
;disallow=gsm
;allow=ulaw
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
callerid=No CallID
register => user:password at sipprovider.com

[sip_proxy]
type=friend
username=user
fromuser=user
secret=password
host=siprovider
dtmfmode=inband

The problem is:
If i put in the [sip_proxy] section type=friend, incoming calls doesn't
works. If the type is set to another value (for example peer) incoming
calls works fine, but outgoing calls doesn't works.

What can I do?

Thanks
David