[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 stopped working

Matthew Laird zapa at luther.ca
Mon Jan 31 22:42:01 MST 2005

I excitedly installed my TDM dev kit earlier this weekend, installing
asterisk and all the kernel drivers to make it work.  And it did, it was
fantastic.

I then reboot the machine, and even after doing a modprobe wctdm, I get
the following:
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
Jan 31 13:34:27 WARNING[342]: chan_zap.c:793 zt_open: Unable to specify
channel 1: No such device or address
Jan 31 13:34:27 ERROR[342]: chan_zap.c:6347 mkintf: Unable to open channel
1: No such device or address
here = 0, tmp->channel = 1, channel = 1
Jan 31 13:34:27 ERROR[342]: chan_zap.c:9403 setup_zap: Unable to register
channel '1'
Jan 31 13:34:27 WARNING[342]: loader.c:388 __load_resource: chan_zap.so:
load_module failed, returning -1
  == Unregistered channel type 'Zap'
Jan 31 13:34:27 WARNING[342]: loader.c:509 load_modules: Loading module
chan_zap.so failed!

I've confirmed the module was loaded - I see the messages on the console
describing how it found the two modules.  I've confirmed the card is
powered, I see the two green lights on the PCI card's bracket on.  I'm
using the exact same configureation file I had the first time it work.
I'm baffled on why it stopped working.

The reboot was to change power supplies on this machine.  Thinking the new
one might not be giving the right kick, I tried switching back, no luck.
I've ensured the power cable is hooked to the TDM400 card.  But when I
pick up the phone, I don't even get the same buzzing at before.

I'm leaning towards a hardware issue, but before I send this card back to
Alabama I was seeking some advice.  Any ideas on why after a reboot the
card might suddenly stop working, yet have all the signs of life?

Here are some key configs:
zapata.conf:
signalling=fxo_ks
echocancel=yes ; You can set this to 32, 64, or 128, tweak to your needs.
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400 ; Asterisk trains to the beginning of the call, number is
in milliseconds
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=default ; Points to the default context of your extensions.conf
channel => 1
mailbox=1234

signalling=fxs_ks
group=2
context=incoming
channel=> 4 ; Again change the 'X' to the number of FXO modules you have

zaptel.conf:
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

# Load FXS device (a TDM400P) as Channel #, and use
fxoks=1

# Load FXO device (a T100X) as Channel #, and use kewlstart
fxsks=4

Thanks!