[Asterisk-Users] Announcement to caller when called party haspicked up - without initial Answer()?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Jan 31 18:13:26 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Alex Barnes wrote:
>

>>Also I was under the impression that in Europe calls are charged as soon
>>as you start ringing and not on pickup (this may be out of date as its
>>been a while since my school skiing trip ;-P )
>>

>Not in all countries at least. Sweden has always had the charge start only
>on answer. I expect most of Europe to use a similar convention. At least I
>have never encountered a payphone in Europe that consumed my coins before
>the line was answered.
>
>Peter

Not in any country I know of, except for cellphone calls to China. A
call is not normally charged until it is answered. If it is never
answered, no charge is incurred.

Chinese cell phones are always answered immediately. Not only is it
costly, but services which try to divert on no answer doesn't work properly.

Regards,
Steve