[Asterisk-Users] Monitor calls timeout

jurgen thinger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:31:45 MST 2005

Hi Trevor,

> That's because * is getting tired of waiting for the caller to dial an
> extension.  Try this
>
> exten => s,1,Answer
> exten => s,2,Monitor(wav,testrecord,m)
> exten => s,3,Wait(600)
> exten => s,4,Goto(s,3)

Awfully clever, Trevor. It works brilliantly! Also gives the added
bonus of being able to specify a maximum timout to prevent runaway
recordings. I've raised the Wait(600) to a Wait(900) (15 minutes), and
eliminated the Goto. With busy detection, once both parties hang up,
the call is terminated and a recording is generated. Or if the
recording goes over 15 minutes, it's automatically aborted.

Thanks very much!

.......jurgen

--
thinger at gmail.com is jurgen's gmail address.