[Asterisk-Users] PRI Dropped Calls - Audit, Restore, Idle state

Jeb Campbell jebc at c4solutions.net
Mon Jan 31 14:56:06 MST 2005

Peter Svensson wrote:
> Asterisk tries to restart all idle line once an hour. This should only
> affect the channels that are idle but on our equipment (a Panasonic PBX)
> all channels are dropped. We use the following patch to basically disable
> the resets:

Thanks for the tip and I imagine that will do the trick.

If I get more time, I would like to investigate how asterisk is
resetting idle channels (and getting active ones) and I agree that it
would be nice to either be able to set a interval or a time in the
configs.

I would prefer a set time to let asterisk do its thing at 2 am.

Come to think of it, I could use your patch to effectively disable the
interval, and use a cron script to restart asterisk nightly.

Thanks again,

Jeb
--

Jeb Campbell