[Asterisk-Users] SIP x NAT

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Mon Jan 31 14:17:16 MST 2005

OK Great, well as soon as the ISPs in Guatemala rip out their existing
"SuperCheap" equipment and put in Junipers, we'll be set.

Meanwhile, SIP isn't near as close to "Plug-n-Play" as IAX2.

Also, I don't think that having to buy special hardware/software just
because a protocol doesn’t work well is a good thing. Saying "SIP and NAT
work fine if ..." defeats the purposes. I don't want any ifs, buts, or
excepts. I'm going to have enough support dealing with people calling when
the Internet connection to their house goes out, or when a pet eats their
cable. I really don't want to be fielding calls when their network shifts
and SIP suddenly stops working.

-Michael