[Asterisk-Users] Return call after transfer with no answer

Christopher Slaght cmslaght at issohio.com
Mon Jan 31 11:02:15 MST 2005

I am implmenting Asterisk at a customer site where we have 8 inbound
pots lines (using the Digium TDM pci cards) and 10+ SIP phones.  The
customer wants all incoming calls to ring all stations which is no big
deal since I created a variable called RINGALL and added all the phones
to it and only go into one general voicemailbox if it rings more than 5
times.

The problem is, lets say that a call comes in on Zap/1 and I pick it up
from Ext 200.  The call is for the person at ext 205 so I transfer it.
If the person at 205 is not there to answer the call, I would think that
the call should bounce back to me to handle versus it going back to
ringall and then someone else picking it up and maybe going through
transfering it all over again.

The issue is that I cant seem to find a way for the call to return to
the station that origionally transfered the call.

I read about RDNIS or DNIS but neither work in this situaltion.

Any ideas or would the variable that I need not exist at this point?

Thanks,

Chris Slaght