[Asterisk-Users] Indication of transfer on display

Andrew Furey andrew.furey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 03:07:47 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using asterisk 1.0.2 (the Debian Sarge package) with Cisco 7905G
phones (SIP firmware). I've defined a macro to do some custom CallerID
stuff for our 100-number ISDN range (so we can see what line they've
called).

What I'd like to do is have the phone display update (to the original
called number?) when an incoming call is transferred from one phone to
another. At present there's no way to tell, short of looking at the
asterisk console for when the channel hangs up - the phone still
displays the internal caller ID of the first phone.

I see that the wiki shows this features.conf option for CVS HEAD,
which would almost do the job:

xfersound = beep               ; to indicate an attended transfer is complete

However, am I correct in assuming that this only applies to transfers
done with the # key, rather than the phone's own transfer function?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.