[Asterisk-Users] Call Waiting Audio Prompt

Alex Barnes abarnes at ubiquitysoftware.com
Mon Jan 31 02:37:19 MST 2005

Thanks for the replies everyone

> how do you expect to get the indication that you have a
> callwaiting call?

The whole point is I don't want it.

>The beep is a guard that hides the
> caller-id fsk spill also. So you can't get
> callwaiting-callerid and not have a beep.

I don't really need that either, users can see whos waiting on hold for
them via the web page so anything caller waiting related is fine but
only as long as it doesn't have negative impact on the call quality.

Setting the indication durations to zero has helped hugely as the sound
is far less intrusive now.

Also all of the end points are essentially SIP phones (or DECT phones
plugged into 2102's) so callerID doesn't need to be passed inbound.

I will try what Jon sugggests:

Zaptel.conf
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=no

It didn't really occur to me as was looking at configuring the SIP side.

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this communication shall be legally binding.