[Asterisk-Users] Processing incoming calls with multiple contextst over PRI

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sun Jan 30 19:09:47 MST 2005

Jason Brown wrote:

> Now I understand it is looking for the startup point. I don’t understand
> why. 2 other asterisk guys I know swear it’s supposed to work, although
> they are using sip/iax and not zap for input.

And why would you think those would act similarly? They don't.

Zap channels without ISDN or R2 signaling don't have a target extension
to deliver to. They have no idea what phone number was called to make
that channel ring, they only know the channel is ringing. They send the
call to the "s" extension in whatever context you direct them to.

For now, you can simulate what you want by making each channel on the
TDM400 go to a separate inbound context, and then using Goto() to go
from there to the desired "incoming number" in your "incoming" context.
With a PRI (which is what you would likely install in a real application
of this type), you would actually receive the dialed number from the
telco, and could route the call based on that.