[Asterisk-Users] Monitor calls timeout

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Sun Jan 30 18:26:05 MST 2005

jurgen wrote:

<snip>

> Problem is, Asterisk times out and disconnects after 10 seconds,
> stopping the recording.
>
> If I run something else in the context, say the infamous Monkey
> Sounds, everything's fine, and the call just keeps going, annoying the
> people on the line with monkey sounds. For some reason, the
> *monitoring* always stops after 10 seconds.

did you try setting using AbsoluteTimeout in the context? e.g.

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,AbsoluteTimeout(0)
exten => s,3,Monitor(wav,testrecod,m)

I also once had a problem where my TDM400P card thought the far end had
disconnected even though the two parties were still talking to each other. It
was happening after roughly a minute and 40 seconds into the call.

Setting busydetect=no and callprogress=no in zapata.conf helped a bit, although
I suspect it might actually had something to do with the phone line itself.

Flynn