[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID spoofing

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Sun Jan 30 13:28:18 MST 2005

Calin Serbanescu schrieb:
> unfortunatelly i have to accept their terms and rewrite caller id... but
> again, i am newbie in scripting with agi and i can't find any example on
> the net about this... do you have any link to such script ?

... what I should maybe also mention:

My script in the recent email is very general, not for
ISDN.

Even if you are beginner in scripting, you should read
the basics about AGI programming!

In the special case of ISDN, you'll need alternative
ways to set the callerid on the ISDN line - depending
on the hardare and driver you are using.

I can only tell for chan_capi:

Put in the dialstring in extensions.conf something like

CAPI/${CALLERID}:b${EXTEN}
or
CAPI/${new_callerid}:b${EXTEN}

In the latter case, your AGI script needs not to manipulate
the channel variable CALLERID, but your new variable
new_callerid with:

$AGI->set_variable("new_callerid", $new_callerid);

Hope, that helps!

Roger.

P.S.
Read the docs about your ISDN channel driver, e.g. chan_capi!