[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on MS Virtual Server

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Sun Jan 30 08:19:09 MST 2005

On 30 Jan 2005, at 15:07, Michael 'Moose' Dinn wrote:

>> Another way to go would be to spend your upgrade money on one of
>> these:
>>
>> https://www.rpanetwork.co.uk/catalogue/basket.rhtm?
>> add=1&productID=180544&pi=1
>> It's a low powered server which runs asterisk quite nicely.
>> Installed one with an E1 card last week and it seems fine so far.
>> I had RPA load Suse instead of OpenBSD for better asterisk support.
>
> These are fantastic machines - we've been buying them as parts and
> using them
> for firewalls, routers, etc. and they only draw ~20W of power for a
> full
> system. You can also boot them from Compact Flash cards or USB Memory
> keys so
> you can produce a system with no hard drive.
>
> If you drop to the 600MHz CPU, they don't even need a CPU fan.

My real reservation so far is that they have _loads_ of onboard devices
that
soak up interrupt slots. I've managed to turn off most of them, but I'd
like to get
rid of 3 of the 4 usb controllers and I can't find the bios button for
that.

We have a couple of others running as light mail and web servers.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/