[Asterisk-Users] Silly question: Why multiple lines on SIP phones?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 03:15:21 MST 2005

Hi Paul,
I have the Cisco 7960 which has 6 lines. You can configure the other lines with
different extension numbers if you wish and then set your dialplan so that
calls coming in over different circuits, FWD, POTS etc come in different
buttons on your phone.
I'm sure there are lots of other uses including having several
outgoing/incoming calls
at the same time and switching between them.

Mike