[Asterisk-Users] Please help, Zap channel hangup TE405P

justiceguy at pobox.com justiceguy at pobox.com
Sat Jan 29 16:51:22 MST 2005

Asterisk experts,
I have been pulling my hair out troubleshooting what appears to be
a Zap channel disconnect on the TDM side.  I am trying to have an
inbound call on a T1 zap channel on the TE405P from our Harris
switch automatically dial a SIP channel.  Any help appreciated
very appreciated.

When the call in extensions.conf executes the demo-congrats:
exten => 2145551234,1,playback(demo-congrats)

I hear the demo - success.

When the call in extensions.conf tries to automatically dial a SIP
channel:
exten => 2145551234,1,Dial(SIP/100)

Asterisk sends an IVITE to the phone followed by an immediate
CANCEL.  Asterisk console debug looks like the Zap Channel is
hanging up.

So my question is:  Is this how inbound calls from a switch need
to automatically dial to a SIP channel, or does the call need to
be answered in some other way, and then execute the Dial command?
Does anyone please have any pointers, or example configuration for
this kind of call scenario?

It is as if the signalling is not correct and the Harris is not
getting some kind of wink signal when I try to Dial SIP, and the
Harris hangs up the call, but when the demo playback executes, the
Harris gets the right signal.  Can Asterisk actually debug the Zap
channel to see where the call hangup is coming from, and if so,
how?

Or maybe my zapata / zaptel configuration is not correct for this
kind of call scenario.  Here is the relevant config:
zapata.conf:
context=Provider_T14
signalling=sf_featdmf
group=4