[Asterisk-Users] Integrating with existing 1BRI, 6 POTS Panasonic PBX ?

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Sat Jan 29 10:25:47 MST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Rozman" <rozman at fri.uni-lj.si>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 10:22 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Integrating with existing 1BRI,6 POTS Panasonic
PBX ?

> Hi,
>
> at the university department we have quite old Panasonic 2+6 PBX (1BRI + 6
> POTS for outputs) and 25 local analog extensions. We would like to add
> Asterisk with 1 fresh BRI line and possibly integrate with existing
> equipment (we would like to crossover between both pbxses).
>
> What would be most efficient way to do this ?

I thought of doing this (beware of newbie thinking!!!).
Take one fritz (to isdn line) and one hfc-s based card in NT mode to connect
ISDN out of the analog PBX. If it's possible, this could be cheapest
solution, but I'm not sure if it will work (buying anything else to handle
25 analog phones will cost much more money)...

Has anyone done this ? Any more info on how to do this ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.