[Asterisk-Users] Speech Recognition

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Sat Jan 29 10:16:15 MST 2005

Hi,

probably I won't be much of help, but I'm also looking for speech
recognition solution. But we're actually looking at two problems:
- one would be so called voice dialing (similar to celular phones) - one
records its own spoken names and speaks them after to call certain person -
this problem is much easier to solve. Recently I have found interesting
project that could be easily integrated for such functionality
(http://www.princeton.edu/~lzhong/DNN.html). I'd like to start doing this
but don't know much about Asterisk and its eagi interface to get sound out
of it. I guess some with more insight could easily integrate this code. This
solution could be probably used for simple 1 word recognition tasks (like
speak name for outgoing call, or maybe say "sales" to get sales department -
but as said this is speaker dependent solution.

- using speaker independent solutions for other stuff. I guess that Sphinx
is at the moment most serious candidate. There is already some work on
connecting speech recognition to MH and I'm sure that guys will help with
other uses.

What would be most desirable from Asterisk community is some skeleton code
for eagi interface... I also have question:
does eagi based recognition take place in parallel to other dialplan
activities (like dtmf recognition, actions, etc...) ?

Regards,

Rob.