[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone for IP PBX

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sat Jan 29 09:36:37 MST 2005

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> The issue happens when you want to use the same username/password for
> more than one line.  Can't do that (unless the phone has special support
> for only registering once for all lines, i.e. the Polycom).  Also you
> can't have more than one device register with the same username/password,

We have Cisco and Polycom phones both registering multiple "line
appearances" to the same SIP peer without any trouble. The
second/third/etc. registrations just update the same SIP registration
record in Asterisk, since they are coming from the same IP/port/etc.
Seems to work just fine, and calls roll over from the first to second
line appearance as you'd expect them to.