[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Asymmetric Latency

Zdik Kudrle zdik.kudrle at cesketelekomunikace.cz
Sat Jan 29 07:48:09 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm running Asterisk with HFC-S card connected to HW PBX in my office.
When I make a call from home using iaxComm connected to Office Asterisk,
the outgoing latency is about 0.25 sec, which is quite OK. But to incoming
latency begins on 0.5 sec and in a minute it's about 5 seconds (!) and
growing fast.

The thing I really don't understand that the latency is asymmetric and
growing...

I use 9.6kbps GSM and my average pingrate is about 20ms both directions
(2Mbps/0.5Mbps Cable) so I just don't see the reason for such problems...

Any ideas, anybody?

Big TNX in advance...

--ZK

-  - -----------------------[ CESKE TELEKOMUNIKACE ]------ -  -