[Asterisk-Users] ISDN Hardware

Uwe Betz Jui at familie-betz.de
Sat Jan 29 01:39:54 MST 2005

Have a look at http://www.sirrix.de/content/pages/pci4s0.htm
Currently they don't have an english website but in short this card
offers 4 Ports (8 Channels) and you are able to define the mode for each
channel (PtmP, PtP, TE, NT) on your own. They have asterisk-drivers
available (for Kernel 2.4) and what is very interesting about this card
is, that if you have ISDN-Telephones in your environment you can connect
them not only ti the astersik but when there is a connecten ISDN
(internal) --> asterisk --> ISDN (external) then this will happen
without asterisk beeing directly involved because these calls are
connected through on the hardware without any echo-problems from
transcoding the audio. All asterisk features are usable with this card
including Fax based on spanDSP.

The price is at around EUR 500,-

Jui