[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk @ Home 0.4 w/ Broadvoice + 5 SIP Phones How To

Puddle rotaecho at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 00:55:37 MST 2005

Okay, I just spent some time getting this done for a
project.  I documented the steps performed.  Thanks to
all of those who provided input.

As time goes on, and people always have different
settings, this may or may NOT work for you.

Asterisk @ Home 0.4 HowTo
William Pool (Puddle)
01-28-05
Broad Voice SIP provider
account and Five SIP Software XTen

Install Asterisk @ Home OR CentOS 3.3+ with the
asteris at home.tar ball and
install from that.  (Since, Asterisk at Home doesn't let
you partition disks)

Once You're up and loaded and able to get to
http://xxx.yyy.zzz.xyz/maint

Setup AMP the following way:

Trunks

1.) Click on "Trunk ZAP/g0" change the dialout prefix
to something else.

NOTE: Unless you have a digum card and have a normal
POTS analouge line
you should NOT want this. You should leave it just
incase it ever happens(or just delete it who cares).
However, change the dial-out # to something odd.
Chances are it'll never be used.

2.) Add a SIP Trunk:

Trunk Name: BV

canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
fromuser=818xxxyyyy
host=147.135.0.129
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=password
type=peer
username=818xxxyyyy

User Context: sip.broadvoice.com

context=from-pstn
dtmfmode=inband
fromdomain=sip.broadvoice.com
host=sip.broadvoice.com
insecure=very
nat=yes
secret=password
type=user
user=818xxxyyyy
username=818xxxyyyy

Register:

818xxxyyyy:yourpassword at sip.broadvoice.com

Asterisk Specific Issues

1.) SIP Issues

The /etc/asterisk/sip.conf doesn't have some basic
behind nat server options.
Add the following after the [general] or in that
section somewhere.

externip=69.yzx.xxx.zzz
localnet=192.168.0.0
localmask=255.255.255.0
nat=yes

2.) Dial plan issues.  Calls from the sip provider
into the Asterisk Server
are hangup/congested and pushed away.

Inside your [from-sip-external] add the line

include => from-pstn

AMP Specific Issues:

1.) Unable to upload file sizes larger then 500K

Edit /etc/php.ini Increase the varable
"upload_max_filesize" to the max size
you'll "ever" expect to play.  Increase this for
'whole' mp3 albums to "if"
you do that...  Also, edit /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
and change the variable "LimitRequestBody" to
something more meaningful.  I use "12000000"

Security:

Created asterisk user:

adduser -s /bin/false -d /bin/false -c "Asterisk
Daemon User" asterisk

added asterisk user to asterisk group in /etc/group

chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/log/asterisk
chown -R asterisk:asterisk /var/lib/asterisk

Edit /etc/init.d/asterisk to include the two

AST_USER="asterisk"
AST_GROUP="asterisk"

MySQL, it's default passwd for Asterisk @ Home has a
LOT to be desired for.  Change this.  The password via
the MySQL DB itself and the following files:

/etc/asterisk/cdr_mysql.conf
/var/www/html/maint/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

Update Repository Catalogue

yum check-update <enter>

Update Repository

yum update

Install mod_ssl since Apache doesn't have it included.

yum install mod_ssl.i386

Setup Apache 2.x ssl configs

mkdir /var/swww

Move the Asterisk at Home to the SSL folder

mv /var/www/html /var/swww

Create blank HTML Page for people

mkdir /var/www/html
touch /var/www/html/index.html
echo "<TITLE>pbx.domain.com</TITE> >>
/var/www/html/index.html
echo "NOT Authorized maybe you mean <A
HREF=https://pbx.domain.com>https://pbx.domain.com</A>"
>> /var/www/html/index.html

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

ServerName leave commented out, had issues with
setting it.
Change at your own risk blah blah

/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf

After <VirtualHost _default_:443>

Uncomment:

 DocumentRoot "/var/swww/html"
 ServerAdmin admin at domain.com

# ServerName pbx.domain.com:443
# NOTE: Look above

Find the 'cgi-bin' directory in the ssl.conf file.
Edit the path to reflect:

/var/swww/cgi-bin

Add (After the CGI-BIN Directory works)

# Use htpasswd -c /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/plainpasswd
user1
# this will create the user and passwd file
# after that use htpasswd
/etc/httpd/conf/passwd/plainpasswd user1
# I Know digest is better, but it doesn't always
# work

<Directory "/var/swww/html/maint">
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
AllowOverride All
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Receptionist / Admin access Only!"
AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/plainpasswd
Require user user1 user2 user3
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/swww/html/meetme">
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
AllowOverride All
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Meetme access Only!"
AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/plainpasswd
Require user user1 user2 user3
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/swww/html/admin">
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
AllowOverride All
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Admin access Only!"
AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/plainpasswd
Require user user1 user2 user3
</Directory>

Make sure firewall is setup somewhat:

Install redhat-config-securitylevel

yum install redhat-config-securitylevel

This will add the following dependences

[deps: gtk2 2.2.4-8.1.i386]
[deps: pango 1.2.5-2.0.i386]
[deps: atk 1.2.4-3.0.i386]
[deps: pygtk2 1.99.16-8.i386]

Add the following ports:

SSH,WWW,443,5060

443 https
5060 SIP

Edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Where you have your SIP (5060) line delete the '-m
tcp' Change '-p tcp' to '-p udp'

Setup NTP correctly

/etc/ntp.conf

Install redhat-config-date to make time setting easier

yum install redhat-config-date

***PHONES***

I've used XTen Lite (Soon to try Pro)

The Call Groups / Extensions are self explainitory so:

XTenLite
NOTES: The context/username/mailbox MUST be a #.  I
couldn't
get anything to work with it having any letters.

[200]
username=200
type=friend
secret=1234