[Asterisk-Users] Nortel --> Asterisk-------->Asterisk

Ryan Cavanaugh asterisk at idivox.com
Fri Jan 28 19:16:17 MST 2005

I am looking at setting up the following configuration and any
help/input/comments before signing the PRI contracts will be greatly
appreciated.

PRI                  Tampa                  PRI
Sarasota   PRI
<--> Nortel BCM-->Asterisk<------------------>Asterisk<--->

I would like to link the Nortel BCM to * using the a digital trunk card.
The BCM will continue to service the Tampa location, the * box would
simply be used to pass extensions over the PRI to another * server in
Sarasota and for a few SIP clients in other locations. Both servers will
require two T100P cards. The Tampa server requiring one for
communication with the BCM and one for the PRI to Sarasota. The Sarasota
server will have one for communicating with the PRI to Tampa and one for
accessing the PRI for local lines.

I really could do away with the * server in Tampa but I figured with an
* solution being so much cheaper then another proprietary system the
added redundancy for any SIP clients would be worth the extra money,
plus Tampa has twice the data rate capacity of Sarasota already.

I am really looking to achieve the following:
1. Reliability
2. Call quality
3. Cost effectiveness
4. Redundancy