[Asterisk-Users] Call Waiting Audio Prompt

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Jan 28 17:08:44 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 00:00 +0000, Alex Barnes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Hopefully you can help me.
>
> I want to turn off the audio "Call Waiting" beep that plays during a
> call.
>
> I have found the line in the indications.conf for Call Waiting but
> apart from setting the frequency to zero or the length to zero is
> there a proper way to disable this functionality.

how do you expect to get the indication that you have a callwaiting
call? The beep is a guard that hides the caller-id fsk spill also. So
you can't get callwaiting-callerid and not have a beep.

> This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright
> protected.  If you are not the addressee, any dissemination,
> Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing stated in this
> communication shall be legally binding.

Since you haven't given me written authorization, does that mean your
disclaimer isn't legally binding either? Stupid disclaimer people.