[Asterisk-Users] re: Polycom

Cory Andrews Cory at VOIPSupply.com
Fri Jan 28 13:50:25 MST 2005

Contacted Scott Willard at Polycom this morning, he has since been
reassigned to other duties within the organization.  Mr. Willard's tone
seemed optimistic, and he referrred me to Roger Austin, Regional Channel
Manager for Voice.

Roger's reply to my inquiry is as follows:

"Cory,

We appreciate your interest in Polycom VoIP Phones.  Polycom deploys our
VoIP phones with our VoIP Platform partners and at this time those Partners
are Sphere, Broadsoft, Sylantro, and Interactive Intelligence.
Unfortunately we are not supporting the Asterisk solution at this time."

I am going to continue to pursue this, but this is the pushback I have
gotten thusfar.  We are a Polycom authorized reseller, and have compiled
some pretty detailed documentation of workarounds and fixes for typical
Polycom/Asterisk integration issues.  My engineering folks monitor the
forum(s) and I have encouraged them to respond to any developer posts
where they feel they can offer some insight or solution.

--
Cory Andrews
Senior Partner