[Asterisk-Users] Music instead of Tunes

tim panton tpanton at attglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 13:38:06 MST 2005

On 29 Dec 2004, at 20:14, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> Paul Crick wrote:
>>> So this is doable in the U.S?
>> That's what I said wasn't it? ;-)
>> Provided your PRI is set up correctly, you should have a one way
>> speech
>> patch from called party to calling party upon issuance of an ACCEPT. I
>> believe it was done this way to allow PBXs to generate ring back,
>> busy etc,
>> thus offloading the central office switches at either end. This is in
>> contrast to the European way of doing things where call progress
>> indicators
>> are generated at the local exchange (for in-country calls at least).
>> This means that you should be able to generate "number not in
>> service" or
>> "number changed" announcements to callers without answer supervision,
>> so
>> that the caller is not charged for the call (which is right, you
>> shouldn't
>> be charged for such announcements).
>
> I do this on our PRIs for some things.  You just need to remember that
> audio is ONE WAY before answer.  So you cannot accept anything from
> the caller.  You can only SEND audio to the caller.

I've just come across this discussion.
Could one of you (please) give me an example from extensions.conf
that shows how this can be done?

I've got a PRI connected to * 1.0.3 in the UK from ntl and I can't it
to work,
but I'm hoping that I have made an error in the config.

Thanks for any help.

Tim.

http://www.westhawk.co.uk/