[Asterisk-Users] iax.cc / sixtel are they legitimate?

Mark Eissler mark at mixtur.com
Fri Jan 28 12:02:33 MST 2005

Been using them for just over a month for all outbound calls. Their
customer service is prompt and courteous. I use Voicepulse for inbound
and turn around for the average ticket I open is about three days
whereas for Sixtel it's often been same day.

As for the 800 numbers...I don't have one. But if they're charging
$0.30 now for an auto-assigned number then their rates have gone up
because I'm pretty sure those used to be free. How do they make their
money on those? Well, I would think that since most 800 numbers are now
recycled it's fairly likely that you will get many wrong-number calls
and if you have an IVR running those calls will start to add up at
$0.02/min!!

-mark