[Asterisk-Users] Sipua SPA-2000 and liong delay after dialling number

David John Walsh davidjwalsh at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 05:14:24 MST 2005

The "delay" is a time out.  The SPA does not know how many numbers it
is expecting before it has a complete number for your system.  The
invite message is sent as a single message to asterisk containing the
whole number string, as apposed to each number individually.

In simple terms you have 2 options at your disposal :

a)  encorage users to adopt pressing gate / pound / hash (the noughts
and crosses board above "9" on the keypad - i cant belive this keyboard
doesn't have the symbol ;)  at the end of the last digit - this in the
sipura (like 99% of telephony devices) is treated as a send /
termination / enter instruction and sends the instruction (invite
message) to asterisk immediatly

Note this only applies if your using a touch-tone / dtmf (dual-tone
multi-frequency) enabled hand set.

b) edit the dial plan of the sipura, to instruct the device of your
dial plan, so that it understands how your system is configured.  It is
sensitve enough to understand that numbers like 999 / 112 / 911 are
only 3 digits when national dialing is a greater length.

For assitance with that google for spa-2000 user guide, which contains
examples or contact me with further information of your set up

Hope this helps.

david