[Asterisk-Users] Multi Asterisk Server Transfers

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 28 05:03:10 MST 2005

Hi!

> Call is then connected as follows.
>
> PSTN -> Provider -> Head Office -> Provider -> Remote
>
> But after it is transferred, I want the resulting route to be:
>
> PSTN -> Provider -> Remote
>
> Otherwise Head office has 2 times the bandwidth running through it for a
> call not even going to one of it's own extensions. I had throught that the
> IAX connection between Provider and Head Office would "pass off" calls that
> way.

It should - you need to find out if either the office or the provider *
has "notransfer=yes" in the iax.conf file. If yes: remove that. Take a
careful look at the IAX log and debug messages to find out when/if
Asterisk tries to do a native transfer (and probably fails for some
reason).

Next to this you need to check that the codecs are matching, your best
bet is to use the same codec on all sides. In the worst case you have
exactly one of the clients talking g729 and only one * box that has a
transcoding license for this.

By the way, with all this I/we assume that you are using the Asterisk #
transfer mechanism and not a phone-based one.

Cheers, Philipp