[Asterisk-Users] Q: Can I over-ride the value of ${CALLERIDNAME} ?

asterisk at draughon.org asterisk at draughon.org
Thu Jan 27 23:12:45 MST 2005

Folks,

	I'd like to change the value of ${CALLERIDNAME} for incoming PSTN
calls from certain numbers, but haven't found a way that works. The goal is
to provide more informative names on my phones' caller ID displays--e.g., I
would prefer to display "ROB CELL" instead of "CELLULAR CALL" when I call
home from my cell phone.

	This is what I tried in the context which handles inbound PSTN
calls:

exten => s/3125882300,1,SetVar(CALLERIDNAME="ROB CELL")
exten => s/3125882300,2,Goto(100,1)

exten => 100,1,Macro(exten_vm,Zap/1)

The "exten_vm" macro context handles calls to extensions equipped with voice
mail.

	When I make a call from my cell phone, the telephone caller ID unit
shows "CELLULAR CALL" instead of "ROB CELL".

	Does anyone have any ideas?

					Cheers,

					Rob