[Asterisk-Users] Problems making SIP URL outgoing dial

Robert Rozman rozman at fri.uni-lj.si
Thu Jan 27 16:37:11 MST 2005

Hi,

I'd like to call my friends through their SIP URLs. I've found two
approaches for doing this in Asterisk:
- one is to prepend some numbers at start and catch them - the rest of
called string is used for SIP URL

- another approach (that I like better) is to use catchall pattern at the
end of context _. and then parse string with help of SIPDOMAIN variable. But
there is a catch into this one - it only works from sip devices, cause only
they populate sipdomain variable with proper info...

Is there any better way to do this from all clients regardless of their OS
and protocol ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.