[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCard ApplicationforAsterisk

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Thu Jan 27 15:11:36 MST 2005

Bob Goddard wrote:

>>What's wrong with ODBC?
>

> Was this not discussed here or on the dev list?
>
> I have only used it once, but was not a complaint of it is that
> it is rather limited? I would always rather go native. Developers
> tend to ensure a native interface works first before any other.

I'm loathe (given JTodd's mail today on the topic) to bother the -dev
list with this question.

ODBC indeed means a relative lack of the "cutting edge" functionalities
that the various flavors of DB engine provide.

OTOH, we can see the nice Babel House we get when there are multiple
choices, each of which is a favorite of the various developers.

I was under the impression that it was more or less "official advisory
policy" to write for ODBC if possible, that way avoiding the war that
led to the discussion in this thread.

B.