[Asterisk-Users] Re: Making digital/data calls through asterisk

Miguel Ruiz Velasco Sobrino miguelrvs at yahoo.com.mx
Thu Jan 27 14:54:40 MST 2005

There is the ITU V.150 that defines a framework for transmiting modem signals using VoIP,
in a efficient way, but there is no implementation other that R&D in big companies.

If you only want to forward an analog modem call over a PRI to the PSTN, you may need a
channel bank connected to the TE410E card. The use of a TDM400 from many post on the
lists seems unreliable for low speed faxes, so i guess it would be a nightmare to use
with a modem.

And if you are using an IDSN modem, well, i don't know if anybody has managed to put that
to work. If you manage to make it work, please add an entry in the wiki for that, i think
it would be "a little step for a man, but a great leap to asterisk".

Or you may be reconsider this setup and if the thing you want is to use some channels for
voice and others for data over de PRI, take a look in the hdlc setup for the TE410E, that
works link any NIC in /dev/hdlcX.

"A. Valentin" <a.valentin at webmasterorder.de> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>We planing to by some PRI/BRI equipment to replace our existing telephone system.
>So I am going to try this:
>ISDN Card Outgoing Digital Call /
>	Capability: Unrestricted digital information
> -> octobri -> asterisk -> TE410E
> -> Internet Provider / Receiver for Capability Unrestricted digital
>information
>
>The question is: Is asterisk possible of transmit this digital call to the
>destination and what is needed to achieve this?
>I  found out that a variable called CALLTYPE exists, but I could not find
>out, if the Dial applications set the capability for the outgoing call correct?
>
>Thanks in advance for our help,
>
> André

=====
Miguel Ruiz Velasco

Version: OpenKeyServer v1.2
Comment: Extracted from belgium.keyserver.net
Signature: 0x59831109