[Asterisk-Users] Anyone having problems with LiveVoIP?

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Thu Jan 27 13:07:48 MST 2005

This thread sparked my interest in LiveVoip's International rates, but then
this thread then scared me away from LiveVoIP's services. People mentioning
the services not working properly, at one point it was blamed on a needed
Asterisk patch and then it started working again w/o the patch, etc. so I
figured it wasn't worth PayPal'n them $200 for International. But then I saw
the support rep's response that it was user error and I wonder if that's is
true? So now I don't know what to think about LiveVoIP. Anybody else have
high international usage success stories? I'd be interested before taking
the plunge.

Also, regarding LCR. I wanted to test LCR between VoipJet and LiveVoIP. But
I noticed the documentation on the rate_engine file being sparse at best. I
then saw the link on the wiki to LCDial, the setup in the database made
sense thanks to their nice sample sql file, but I can't get lcdial to
compile. So which should I use? Rate_engine or lcdial? I can compile/load
rate_engine but I don't have a clue how to enter the data from both carriers
into sql.