[Asterisk-Users] Hold music while ControlPlayback is paused?

Dave Brooks mrdaveb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:11:00 MST 2005

Hi.

I've been using the ControlPlayback function as part of an IVR system,
but am finding it very restrictive. Is there any way to tell it to
play hold music while the user has pause selected? I don't want the
line to just go silent indefinitely.
If I want the caller to have a pause option, is there some alternative
to using ControlPlayback? I think I've got the hang of doing fancy
stuff with AGI, but I have no experience with EAGI and I'm guessing
that would be needed to do clever stuff with audio playback?

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,

David Brooks