[Asterisk-Users] TDM-400P + CallerID

Pieter Arentz pieter at dotarentz.nl
Thu Jan 27 09:07:39 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm just starting out with Asterisk, in combination with a TDM400,
filled with 2 FXS on channels 1 and 2, and 1 FXO on 4. Having just
started, all I want right now is to be able to answer incoming calls on
a phone connected to channel 1. The trouble is the caller id. I have
caller id enabled on my line, my phone supports it, and when I connect
the phone directly to the line, it works.

However, it doesn't work with *. When I call myself (with a cellphone),
and I type "show channel zap/4-1" in the * console, it shows my
cellphone# in the caller id field. Asterisk gets the correct callerid
from my line, appearantly.

When I type "show channel zap/1-1", the caller id just shows 's'. I have
a feeling that this s is the originating extension, seen from the FXS'
point of view. My phone just shows 'external call', instead of a number.

How do I make * forward the callerid from the incoming call to my phone?

--Pieter

My zapata.conf:

context=buitenlijn

signalling=fxs_ks