[Asterisk-Users] Re: TDM400 - channel out to lunch?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jan 27 07:32:43 MST 2005

>   If a board design is that sensitive to touching, it
> > certainly implies a design problem.
> >
> > Twenty-plus years of doing electronic repair/diagnostic work says
> > that is no where near normal. Very very very sensitive to the injection
> > of electrical noise.
> >
> > I'm going to do a bunch more testing this weekend with that approach
> > and try some decoupling caps, etc, to see if the card stablizes. No
> > wonder the digium support folks are having problems nailing down the
> > stability issue.
>
> Not to mention the CPU spikes every <n> seconds.  Rich, while you're
> testing, would you keep an eye on 'vmstst 1' and the 'system' (not user)
> CPU utilization?

That cpu spiking is another issue separate from the stability issue
(I think). Not sure where the discussion of the spiking ended up a
few weeks ago, do you remember?

I've not tried to dig through the code, but it wouldn't surprise me
if some temp code exists that might be polling the tdm card (or
something like that) as an aid towards identifying the stability
issue. Gut feeling suggests that if stability is truly related to
tdm design problems (or whatever), then resolving that issue probably
should be a precursor to chasing the cpu spikes.

Any thoughts?