[Asterisk-Users] Re: phone rings when I'm using it over VOIP - WHY?

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Thu Jan 27 07:05:22 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 08:40 +0000, Tony Mountifield wrote:
> In article <1106795533.11343.90.camel at sysconcept.ca>,
> Joseph <syscon at interbaun.com> wrote:
> > When I use my phone to make VOIP call and another calls comes from POTS
> > my phone rings to POTS caller.  Why?
> >
> > Shouldn't it generate busy signal!
>
> Yes, but there are all sorts of configuration errors that could result
> in the behaviour described. Without knowing your particular setup, it
> is impossible to know what the cause could be. Perhaps you could
> describe in more detail.

My setup is really simple.
I have Sipura-3000 connected to * with phone1 and another SIP phone2.
Here is my context:
exten => 1,1,Dial(${phone1},20,tr)
exten => 1,102,Dial(${phone2},20,tr)

I have setup two phones and have VOIP, when I make call over VOIP I
think channel return status -1 (the call is bridged). So when a call
comes from POTS my phone1 keeps ringing and I want to ring phone2 not
mine.
If the channel return status 0 the call is transfered to priority n+1
and that is what I want.

Why priority is "0" when I pickup the phone and hear dial tone (without
calling out); and priority is "-1" when call is connected bridged with
another party?
To my understanding in both cases the phone1 is busy so why return
different priority code???

--
#Joseph