[Asterisk-Users] Re: Channel Restart - problem with Asterisk spliced between Arcor E1-PRI and Ericsson BP250

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu Jan 27 05:28:09 MST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Frank Sautter wrote:

> well, most of the things work right now due to the help of peter
> svensson, but after heavy use of our ericsson BP250 today several
> problems appeared.
> i split into several mails as they are seperate problems.
>
> * from time to time (sometime within a few minutes sometime after hours)
> a complete PRI line or several PRI lines are kind of resetting (none of
> my colleagues reported a call interruption though).
> could this be a problem of the length (around 4kilometres) of the line
> between the telco switch and the NT providing the E1-PRI? The PRI line
> itself is only 3 metres long.
> is this the line build-out parameter in /etc/zaptel.conf?
> or is this something with timing of the span?

Every hour (or possibly two hours) asterisk sends a reset command for all
channels it considers idle. This is normally harmless and prevents the two
ends from getting out of sync. On some remote ends (PAnasonic PRIs e.g.)
due to bugs this can be a problem. If there has been no reports of dropped
calls there should be no need to worry.

Peter