[Asterisk-Users] Re: TDM400 - channel out to lunch?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Jan 27 04:49:48 MST 2005

> >I have been having trouble with E/Fs (the H seems to be more stable), but it's
> >not just with the first module.  In my case it is the second one.  And I
> >initially had trouble because the FXO was on socket 1.  Digium had me move it
> >to socket 4 and that helped some.  But only for a time.
> >

> I'm having the same problem, random power alert on random module.
> Sometimes it freezes up and I have to reboot the machine.
> Maybe it is just a power problem. PSU or something similar.
> I have connected a fan on the same cable where the TDM400P is connected.
> I will try to remove it

Since several of the folks using the iaxy box (which uses the same fxs
module) have complained about early failures, over heating, etc, might
there be an overheating issue going on with the tdm card?

I just felt the four fxo modules on my tdm card and all are running
very cool. However, just simply touching the modules caused multiple
ports to believe an incoming call was present. Repeated the process
by touching them again, and wow, multiple ports started ringing
phones again. If a board design is that sensitive to touching, it
certainly implies a design problem.

Twenty-plus years of doing electronic repair/diagnostic work says
that is no where near normal. Very very very sensitive to the injection
of electrical noise.

I'm going to do a bunch more testing this weekend with that approach
and try some decoupling caps, etc, to see if the card stablizes. No
wonder the digium support folks are having problems nailing down the
stability issue.