[Asterisk-Users] Problems splicing Asterisk with a TE405P between Arcor E1 PRI and Ericsson Business Phone 250

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Thu Jan 27 02:49:07 MST 2005

hi,

thanks to peter i solved my problems with the asterisk server spliced
between the telco and our ericsson BP250.
the problem was solved by setting 'overlapdial=yes'

Peter Svensson wrote:
 >>Am Dienstag, den 25.01.2005, 22:39 +0100 schrieb Frank Sautter:
 >>>the setup desired with asterisk spliced in:
 >>>Arcor TelCo PRI(E1) <----> P1 asterisk P2<---> Ericsson BP250 PRI(E1)
 >>>"Extension '' in context 'pri-ericsson' from '123498765' does not
 >>>exist"

 > It sounds like the Ericsson pbx uses overlap dialing. Try enabling
 > that on both links in the zapata.conf file and see if it works better.

 > For immediate=no you should not match the s context. I think
 >   exten => _.,1,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})
 > is more correct. Or use "_XXX" for a three digit DID.

i had to modify my dialplan on some points (thanks again to peter) and
twiddle with the callerid, our trunk MSN and the extensions, but it
seems to work.
today is our first working-day with asterisk in-between - so far no
problems (i hope it keeps this state).

here are the essential parts of the configuration files.

====> /etc/zaptel.conf <====
# TDM40B quad fxs analog-modules
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
fxoks = 1-4

# TE405P/TE410P quad E1
span=2,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=5-19,21-35
dchan=20
span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=36-50,52-66
dchan=51
span=4,2,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=67-81,83-97
dchan=82
span=5,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=98-112,114-128
dchan=113

loadzone=nl     ; there is no 'de' zone right now
defaultzone=nl

====> /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf <====
[pri-external]
exten => _5678.,1,SetCIDNum(0${CALLERIDNUM}) ; Add a leading zero
exten => _5678.,2,Goto(${EXTEN:4}|1) ; Strip trunk digits from the DDI
exten => h,HangUp()
include => durchwahl
include => pri-external-route
[pri-external-route]
exten => _.,1,Dial(Zap/g3/${EXTEN})

[pri-ericsson]
include => durchwahl
include => pri-ericsson-route
exten => h,HangUp()
[pri-ericsson-route]
exten => _XX.,1,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM:8})
exten => _XX.,2,SetCIDName('my name')
exten => _XX.,3,Dial(Zap/g2/${EXTEN})

====> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf <====
[channels]