[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as root in realtime vs. non-rootasterisk?

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 26 17:20:32 MST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Robert Rozman wrote:
> I mean running Asterisk as pseudo realtime thread with -p command line
> argument - this is only possible if Asterisk is run as root...

In order to drop privileges asterisk must be started as root too, doesn't
 it? So if Asterisk gets into pseudo realtime before it drops privileges
and switches to an other user/group there would be no problem at all.

I'm under the assumption that i'm running pseudo realtime with
asterisk/voip, must admit: never checked it.

Stefan de Konink