[Asterisk-Users] [Fwd: Re:[Asterisk-biz] bellster.net- GREATadvance]

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Jan 26 16:39:36 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
>Bummer.  Glad I don't run a business in Israel.  Thought it was bad here
>in New Zealand!  I'd hate to have my business phone cut off because
>someone "saw" an increased call volume!

It's such a big deal (For instance, here in Guatemala), they have dedicated
people who look for that. When your calling pattern increases wildly, and
your line is active around the clock, they definitely know something's up.

For getting an E1, that's one of the first things they mention: Oh, BTW, if
you do bypass, we're going to kill your line. That's because Guatemala
charges at least 10 cents a minute incoming for international, and only 2
cents locally. At 6 cents, I'd sell millions of minutes, and they don't want
that happening (so, no E1 + Internet == profit :)).

-Michael