[Asterisk-Users] Re: Polycom and call waiting again..

Sean A. Newton nester-asterisk at wewt.net
Wed Jan 26 15:53:39 MST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Noah Miller wrote:

> > Have you tried adding SetGroup(), and CheckGroup() functions
> > to the dialplan that rings the phone?  It maybe something to try.
>
> I think the problem is that these functions only work from the dialplan.  In this case, Sean is trying to get calls from a Queue (and not the dialplan) to the correct line on the phone.
>
> I was thinking about implementing a queue for our receptionists, but this problem prevents me from doing that, and I haven't figured out any way around it.  Maybe the new 1.4.1 firmware provides a way to disable that horrid call-waiting "feature"?  Has anybody gotten it to run successfully?

Exactly.. SetGroup was suggested by someone on the irc channel.. I looked
at it briefly. I was then shot down by someone saying to save my effort,
it didn't work.

I suspected as much, due to the fact that the Queue function doesn't use
the exten config for that phone. And it shouldn't.. The phone should be
able to take care of this problem..

I've unfortunately got myself into a bind because I've bought ~35 of
these phones. :eek:

If everyone thinks SetGroup and CheckGroup will work, I will spend the
next days working with it, but I don't want to go barking up the tree of
something that doesn't look like it will work. :|

I'm also interested to try out the 1.4.1 firmware. Just need to procure a
copy of it..

--Sean

 sean a. newton                      nester at wewt.net
 louisville, ky, usa                 http://wewt.net

 Another day, another convertible and another hotel
 full of cops.                -- Hunter S. Thompson