[Asterisk-Users] TFTP Server Facing the Internet

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Wed Jan 26 15:51:09 MST 2005

Matthew Crocker wrote:
>> Yes, that's why I'm posting to this list.  I certainly don't want to
>> have to track my customer's IP addresses.  Is there a better way?
>

> Have them go into manual mode and enter your SIP proxy information
> directly into the phone, or,  have them run their own tftp server and
> send them a SIP<mac>.cnf file

THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TROUBLE WITH A THERMOSTAT!  <Deep breath> It
will be my responsibility to get the phones working.  I'm thinking I may
have to stage the phones in my shop and then deliver the phones to their
site, but that's real time intensive.

Once the Cisco 79xx is configured, does it need access to its
configuration files?

Mike