[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCard Application forAsterisk

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Wed Jan 26 13:57:35 MST 2005

Okay. I just shared my experience with MySQL, Sybase, MS-SQL.
I never had any issues with Oracle (my application works with DB which
stores more than a 1 billion records and still selects the data
within 5 seconds quota, at the same time the backend servers inserts the
data in that DB every second)
and PostgreSQL(not a huge DB, but have very noticeable workload).

Steve Prior wrote:

> Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
>
>> Robert,
>>
>> It is better to stay with Postgres. If you don't want to loose your
>> business stay away from MySQL.
>

>> regarding MySQL and Postgres. I would say Postgres is a Open Source
>> Oracle. It's very stable, very scalable
>> and it's perfectly works under serious workload. MySQL is dying at
>> the same configuration.
>> I have client of mine who having issue with MySQL. Under some
>> workload ( 10 users inserting at the same time )
>> it corrupts the index. Even MySQL 4.0.X is still corrupts the indexes
>> under heavy load.
>>

>> All the Best!
>> Sergey.
>

> There might be reasons to prefer Postgress over MySQL, but I find it
> hard to believe that scalability is one of them - I mean we're talking
> about the database that runs Slashdot which is so scalable that users
> reading it routinely take down other websites with the load.
>
> Steve

All the Best!
Sergey.
Sergey Kuznetsov