[Asterisk-Users] ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CallingCard Application forAsterisk

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Wed Jan 26 12:45:32 MST 2005

Robert,

It is better to stay with Postgres. If you don't want to loose your
business stay away from MySQL.
If you are from Toronto ( I suppose you are ), you can check my posts to
TLUG (Toronto Linux User Group)
regarding MySQL and Postgres. I would say Postgres is a Open Source
Oracle. It's very stable, very scalable
and it's perfectly works under serious workload. MySQL is dying at the
same configuration.
I have client of mine who having issue with MySQL. Under some workload (
10 users inserting at the same time )
it corrupts the index. Even MySQL 4.0.X is still corrupts the indexes
under heavy load.
I never saw it with Postgres. At the same time Postgres provides you a
very flexible SQL language and features,
as well as you can make stored procedures on Perl and many-many more.

All the Best!
Sergey.

All the Best!
Sergey.