[Asterisk-Users] RE: TFTP Server Facing the Internet

Martin Roy mroy at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 11:58:59 MST 2005

Well the best solution would be to create a VPN between your network and
the one of your customer but that's only possible if you have a VPN
router on both side. Otherwise I don't see much solution then the one
you already consider doing.

Martin

From: Michael Welter <mike at introspect.com>

Since we're chatting about tftp servers...

Let's say I have a new customer with Cisco 79xx phones, and he desires
to SIP register on my Asterisk system.  I would have to provide the
SIP<mac>.cnf and SIPDefault.cnf files on my tftp server for his phones.
  These files would be world readable, which I don't want.

Is the solution to put the tftp server behind the firewall and port
redirect based on the customer's IP, or is there a better way of
restricting access?

Thanks,
Mike