[Asterisk-Users] CallerID for incoming SIP calls to Asterisk connected phone

Alvin Austin aan at crlogic.com
Thu Jan 27 11:49:16 MST 2005

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with getting incoming callerid to a lan-connected
phone.

The Asterisk server is connected to the Internet, and a Grandstream
BT101 phone on a lan interface:
INTERNET ----(eth0) Asterisk (eth1) ---- Grandstream (192.168.1.51)
The phone registers with the Asterisk server as ext 20.

I can initiate and receive calls from the Grandstream phone fine.

The Asterisk server has a sipphone.com registered account.  When a SIP
call comes in from outside, the call completes fine, but the phone
always shows the telephone number of my Asterisk server, not the calling
party's SIP number.  What's wrong?

What I really want is that for inbound calls, I see the callerid of the
SIP phone initiating the call.

Here are the (hopefully) relevant parts in the config files...

In sip.conf:
register => 1747xxxxxxx:mypassword at proxy01.sipphone.com/1747xxxxxxx

[sipphone]
context=from-sip-external