[Asterisk-Users] E100P echo on UK PRI

Stuart Hirst stuart.hirst at holdentel.com
Wed Jan 26 10:53:06 MST 2005

Dear All,

I know that echo has been discussed many times however I am still struggling to resolve it in one particular instance.

The scenario is:

BT PRI <---> Asterisk <---> Polycom SIP handsets.

The * box box is dual xeon with 1gb ram on an Asus PCDL motherboard.

I have tried various revisions of * and Zaptel without any difference. I have tried various zapata.conf settings from echotraining to playing with tx and rx gain. I will try fixing echotraining at 800 but I am not convinced that this will totally solve the issue, rather mask it a little more if indeed it does.

I know that the E100P is discontinued and I wondered why ? And will the TE110P offer any echo cancelling benefits ?

I am going to look into if the card is IRQ sharing although I have not seen any irq misses in zttool.

Does anyone have any experience of this hardware mix and or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Stuart