[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 Message Light on multiple phones

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Wed Jan 26 09:37:54 MST 2005

The phones light up based on the mailbox entry in the sip.conf

Ie. Our network operations department has 8 phones, and whenever somebody
calls the NOC all 8 ring. Whenever a voicemail gets lit, all 8 lights light
up. Also, all 8 phones have their own individual voicemail, so if somebody
leaves a voicemail in an individual phone, only that phones light gets lit.
It's kind of interesting though to come in and see your light on, you get to
play "lets guess which mailbox the voicemail is in" game. Course you could
cheat and look at your coworkers phone to see if their light is on.

[noc1]
type=friend
username=noc1
secret=somepassword
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no
mailbox=252 at company1,507 at company1
nat=no
qualify=yes
context=company1
dtmfmode=inband
callerid="NOC Engineer" <252>
accountcode=1
amaflags=omit

So if there's a message in 252, his personal extension, then the light comes
on. If there's a message in 507, the NOC extension, then the light comes on.
I use the @ in the mailbox's due to multiple duplicate mailbox's in
different contexts, it's a shared PBX.